Why should police departments use CHIP for candidate testing?
CHIP administers physical fitness tests so your department and staff can focus on the other aspects of the recruitment and selection process. The applicant pays one (1) fee and can utilize their results for any participating agencies. CHIP eliminates the need for multiple exams, simplifying the physical fitness testing process for both candidates and departments.
Standards and Assessments vary by state and agency. We can accommodate your requirements. Sit-ups, push-ups, 300-meter run, 1.5-mile run, vertical jump, grip strength, trigger pull, agility run, rowing, obstacle course – you name it, we can test it.
- Set CHIP as a prerequisite.
- Direct potential applicants to take and pass the CHIP Test.
- You must pass the CHIP test to apply!
- Open application process.
- Coordinate with CHIP test schedule. Allow test opportunities before the application deadline.
- Close the application process.
- The outcome: Applicants will be pre-screened. Allowing the department to focus on individuals who have demonstrated the ability to pass the physical fitness test.
“Implementing the CHIP card will undoubtedly streamline the police hiring process. This paradigm shift is guaranteed to save time and money, while simultaneously making the selections process more accommodating for prospective applicants.” (Retired) Sergeant James Scott, Connecticut State Police